Chronic Tonsilitis: Causes of Tonsilitis and Tonsilitis Treatment
Chronic Tonsilitis is commonly due to, but not limited to, people with a weak immune system, carrier of strep, or consuming a poor diet. Dr Ben listens to a mother providing a summary of her 19 year old son's chronic tonsillitis. Hear what Dr Ben suggests and how you can likely stop chronic tonsilitis in its tracks.
Products recommended in this Chronic Tonsilitis consult:
- ProBiota 12 Powder: to re-establish healthy beneficial bacteria which the antibiotics killed. Start with 1/4 teaspoon of ProBiota 12 Powder and increase to 1/2 teaspoon once gas and bloating is gone from the 1/4 teaspoon.
- Optimal Multivitamin: to help establish a healthy immune system and provide missing nutrients. Taking 2 capsules with breakfast, 2 at lunch and 2 at 3 pm are a great amount for a 19 yr old to take. Adults should take 3 in the AM and 3 at lunch and 2 around 2-3 pm.
- Liquid Vitamin D360: to support and replenish vitamin D levels. Low vitamin D = low immune function.
- Microbial Defense: to help kill harmful bacteria, viruses and yeasts. I recommend you open the capsule, place in a bit of water and gargle directly in the throat for a minute and then swallow. If this is too harsh, then simply swallow the capsules. Direct contact will work best. Make sure to drink water after gargling to wash away the herbs.
Lifestyle and Dietary changes to help reduce chronic tonsilitis:
- Limit sugar intake as this weakens the immune system and feeds harmful non-beneficial bacteria and yeasts.
- Eat smaller more frequent meals with protein to support a healthy immune system.
- After brushing teeth, gargle with 1/4 tsp of salt water for a couple minutes before bed.
- Chew Xylitol Gum after meals
- Maintain good oral hygiene.
Share your comments. Get answers to your questions. We're listening!