1. Who is Histamine Block intended for?
Histamine Block is intended for those who experience sensitivity to histamine due to intake of excess histamine from non-allergenic food sources.
Excess histamine can be problematic, resulting in sensitivity or intolerance, digestive concerns, allergies, and more. DAO is clinically tested to break down food-derived histamine in the digestive tract, making it easier to tolerate histamine-rich foods. Histamine block does not reduce reaction to true allergies or IgE immune-driven responses.*
The purpose of Histamine Block is to break down histamine in foods with high histamine content (does not reduce reaction to allergies or IgE immune-driven responses). For additional defense against ingested histamines, try ProBiota HistaminX.*
Always talk to your doctor before considering the use of this product, especially if you have health conditions or diseases that need to be addressed or are pregnant or breastfeeding.
2. How do I take Histamine Block?
Take 1 to 2 capsules no more than 15 minutes before the consumption of histamine-rich foods or drinks, or as directed by your healthcare provider. Do not take Histamine Block and knowingly eat foods you are allergic to—it will not prevent allergic reactions.
3. What is the reasoning for each ingredient in Histamine Block?
||Assists DAO in breaking down food-derived histamine in the digestive tract.*
|DAO (diamine oxidase)
||Breaks down food-derived histamine in the digestive tract.*
Other ingredients found in this product include:
- Microcrystalline cellulose: Structure of capsule.
- vegetable capsule (hypromellose, water, and gellan gum)
- ascorbyl palmitate
4. What are the ingredients in Histamine Block derived from?
- Diamine oxidase is derived from porcine (pig) protein concentrate.
- Vitamin C is from non-GMO corn.
5. Does Histamine Block contain gluten, soy, or grains?
This product does not contain any gluten or soy ingredients, however, the final product is not tested to be confirmed as gluten-free or soy-free. It contains vitamin C, a product derived from corn, but due to processing, it is considered to be non-allergenic.
6. Is Histamine Block free from GMOs?
We expect this product to be free from genetically modified ingredients, however, the final product is not tested.
7. Is Histamine Block vegetarian/vegan?
This product is not vegetarian or vegan because the DAO (diamine oxidase) is from porcine (pig) sources.
8. What are the possible interactions or side effects of using Histamine Block?
Possible side effects of this supplement include:
- Feeling shaky
- Feeling flushed
- Stomach upset
These symptoms are mild and rare.
If you believe that you are experiencing any adverse reactions, please see your healthcare professional immediately and discontinue use. Each individual may react differently to any product or supplement. We always recommend that you consult with your healthcare professional prior to considering the use of this or any supplement, especially when pregnant or breastfeeding.