Did you know that some people experience side effects like headaches or runny noses when they eat histamine-containing foods, such as cheese or pickles? While most people break down histamine and experience no symptoms, some have nutrient deficiencies and gene challenges that cause problems.
Thankfully, there is an enzyme called DAO (Diamine Oxidase) that you can supplement with to help break down the histamine found naturally in foods. Consuming DAO alone can be extremely helpful, however, you may need additional support if you are deficient in the nutrients that support normal histamine metabolism in your body.*
Histamine Block Plus is a comprehensive formula containing the histamine-metabolizing enzyme, DAO, along with other powerful processing nutrients.*
Though DAO is the most well-known enzyme for breaking down histamine, there are other enzymes that play roles in histamine metabolism which require specific nutrients to function properly. Once histamine is metabolized, there are toxic byproducts, such as ammonia, hydrogen peroxide, and acetaldehyde that can cause side effects and damage to the cells.
Histamine Block Plus is a synergistic blend of nutrients designed by Dr. Ben Lynch to support the normal breakdown of histamine through multiple enzymatic processes, as well as neutralizing the toxic byproducts of histamine, using key nutrients:*
- DAO - Contains 5,000 HDU of a patented DAO enzyme material derived from porcine, which is a major enzyme responsible for breaking down histamine.
- Copper - A cofactor for the DAO enzyme.
- SAMe - A cofactor for the HNMT enzyme, another major enzyme involved in histamine breakdown.
- Alpha Keto-Glutarate - Supports the normal breakdown of ammonia, which is a toxic byproduct of histamine metabolism.
- Riboflavin - A cofactor for the MAOA and MAOB enzymes, which aid in neutralizing histamine toxic byproducts.
- Zinc and Vitamin B3 - Cofactors for the ALDH enzyme family, which help to break down acetaldehyde, a toxic byproduct of histamine metabolism.
These key nutrients plus other powerful ingredients create the perfect addition to your histamine intolerance protocol. Finally, you can experience a healthy response to foods high in histamine!*
Take 2 capsules no more than 15 minutes before consumption of histamine-rich foods, or use as directed by your healthcare professional.
Children and pregnant or lactating women should consult their healthcare practitioner prior to use. This product contains an ingredient derived from porcine (pig). Avoid if allergic to pork or any other ingredient. Histamine Block Plus is NOT EFFECTIVE for symptoms of immune-related food allergies, such as peanuts, shellfish, etc., or for gluten intolerance due to sensitivity or celiac disease. DAO is not absorbed and does not have systemic activity. Histamine Block Plus does not manage or address antibody-related or IgE-related food allergies.
Allergy and Diet Information
- Histamine Block Plus is NOT suitable for vegans or vegetarians, as it contains porcine-derived ingredients.
- Histamine Block Plus is free of milk, egg, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, soy, gluten, GMOs, artificial colors, artificial flavors, and artificial preservatives.
- Histamine Block Plus meets or exceeds cGMP Quality Standards.
When taking Histamine Block Plus, consider these complementary products as recommended by Dr. Ben Lynch:
- ProBiota HistaminX - A probiotic formulated to exclude strains known to produce histamine to support a balanced microflora and gut health response to histamine ingestion.*
- Optimal Electrolyte - Electrolytes are key for hydration and for supporting the absorption of nutrients into cells, as well as supporting lost electrolytes that occur during cell division.*
- Optimal PC - Contains phosphatidylcholine, a nutrient used to build cell walls and support normal histamine release and regulation.*
- Optimal Liposomal Vitamin C - Vitamin C is needed for optimal histamine response and DAO production. This optimally-absorbed vitamin C formula is one of our best sellers.*
Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
|Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)||100 mg||111%|
|Thiamine (as thiamine hydrochloride)||20 mg||1,667%|
|Riboflavin (as riboflavin 5'-phosphate sodium)||10 mg||769%|
|Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal 5'-phosphate)||7 mg||412%|
|Pantothenic Acid (as d-calcium pantothenate)||10 mg||200%|
|Magnesium (as DiMagnesium Malate§)||50 mg||12%|
|Zinc (as zinc gluconate)||5 mg||45%|
|Copper (as copper gluconate)||0.5 mg||56%|
|Alpha-Ketoglutaric Acid||150 mg||**||SAMe (as disulfate ptoluensulfonate)||100 mg||**||PQQ (as LifePQQTM pyrroloquinoline quinone disodium salt)||7 mg||**|
|DAO2TM porcine kidney extract (Diamine Oxidase Activity 5,000 HDU)||2.1 mg||**|
|**Daily Value (DV) not established.|
Other Ingredients: Vegetarian capsule (hypromellose, water, and gellan gum), microcrystalline cellulose, ascorbyl palmitate, and silica.
§Albion®, TRAACS® and the Albion Gold Medallion design are registered trademarks of Albion Laboratories, Inc.
DAO2TM is a licensed trademark of Diem Direct, LLC used with permission.
|Learning Center||Find product FAQ and more! Click here.|
|Cost Per Serving||$1.00|
|Delivery Method||Vegetarian Capsule|
|Storage||Keep tightly closed in a cool, dry place out of reach by children.|
|Dimensions (in.)||Length: 2.00 / Width: 2.00 / Height: 3.75|
|Return Policy||Learn more about our Return Policy.|