1. Who is Kids Multivitamin intended for?
Kids Multivitamin is intended for children who are between the ages of 4 and 14, although older teens and adults may take this formulation too. Taking a daily multivitamin can help to support good health by supplying micronutrients in conjunction with a healthy, well-balanced diet. For those in excellent health, employing the pulsing method may also be beneficial.
Kids Multivitamin is a great product for anyone looking for potent, comprehensive, and bioactive support for methylation, growth and development, or general wellness.*
Always talk to your doctor before considering the use of this product, especially if you have health conditions or diseases that need to be addressed.
2. How do I take Kids Multivitamin?
As a dietary supplement, children ages 4 to 14 take 6 capsules daily or as directed by a healthcare practitioner. For those new to this product, start with a small dose and work your way up to the recommended serving size, or consider the pulsing method for staggering doses.
This product is best taken with meals and may be taken in divided doses. Avoid taking within 5 hours of bedtime as it may interfere with sleep.
If you struggle to swallow capsules, they may be pulled apart and sprinkled on food or in juice.
3. What is the reasoning for each ingredient in Kids Multivitamin?
|Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Vitamin K2, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Calcium, Iodine, Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, Manganese, Molybdenum, Potassium
||Daily nutrients needed to support good health(1)*
|Vitamin B12 and folate
||Support methylation processes, MTHFR mutations, and genetic development.*
||Supports normal metabolism of macronutrients in the body.*
|Milk thistle extract
||Supports liver health.(2)*
||Supports natural digestive function.(3)*
||Provides antioxidant support.(4)*
||Support natural blood sugar function.(5)*
||Supports bone health.(6)*
Other ingredients found in Kids Multivitamin include:
- Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) (capsule): Holds the supplement together in capsule form.
- Ascorbyl palmitate: Protects shelf-life of product.
- Medium-chain triglyceride oil: Natural preservative and mixing aid.
- Silica: Anti-clumping agent.
4. What are the ingredients in Kids Multivitamin derived from?
The ingredients in Kids Multivitamin are sourced as follows:
- The following nutrients are synthetic: Thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, folate, vitamin B12, pantothenic acid, biotin, vitamin A (as retinyl palmitate), calcium, zinc, selenium, boron, manganese, chromium, magnesium, molybdenum, potassium, vanadium, and betaine anhydrous.
- Vitamin A (as beta carotene) is sourced from Blakeslea trispora.
- Vitamin C is sourced from corn.
- Vitamin D3 is sourced from lanolin from sheep’s wool.
- Vitamin K2 is sourced from natto (fermented soybeans). No soybean allergens remain in the final product.
- Vitamin E is from soy and succinic acid. No soy allergens remain in the final product.
- Milk thistle extract is derived from milk thistle Silybum marianum.
- Lutein is from the flower marigold, Tagetes erecta.
Iodine is from potassium iodide Laminaria digitate.
5. Does Kids Multivitamin contain gluten, soy, or grains?
Kids Multivitamin is tested and found free from gluten and soy allergens. The vitamin C and ascorbyl palmitate are derived from corn. While the Kids Multivitamin has not been tested for corn allergens, it is formulated to be free from corn proteins and common allergens and due to processing, these ingredients are considered non-allergenic.
6. Is Kids Multivitamin free from GMOs?
Testing verifies that this product is free from GMO markers, however, ingredients in this product could be derived from genetically modified organisms that have been refined so that GMO markers are no longer present.
7. Is Kids Multivitamin vegetarian/vegan?
Kids Multivitamin is vegetarian. The vitamin D3 is derived from lanolin from sheep’s wool, so this product is not vegan.
8. What are the possible interactions or side effects of using Kids Multivitamin?
Side effects of this formula are rare, but may include:
- Flushed skin
- Mild rash
- Itchy skin
- Feeling warm
- Leg cramps
- Muscle pain
- Upset stomach
- Mild dizziness
These side effects are more likely if the recommended dosage is exceeded. Do not take within 5 hours of bedtime, as it may interfere with sleep.
If you believe that you are experiencing any adverse reactions, please see your healthcare professional immediately and discontinue use. Each individual may react differently to any product or supplement. We always recommend that you consult with your healthcare professional prior to considering the use of Kids Multivitamin or any supplement.
9. Why is the serving size of Kids Multivitamin so large (6 capsules)?
The suggested use of Kids Multivitamin, 6 capsules daily, is a general recommendation for an average child between the ages of 4 and 14, but can be reduced for smaller or younger children as needed. Daily requirements for vitamins and minerals can vary greatly from person to person as a result of numerous factors: metabolism, age, enzyme activity, diet, weight, size, etc. The large serving size allows for greater dose adjustability in considering a young child or for those needing to introduce the product slowly.
Consult with your healthcare practitioner prior to starting Kids Multivitamin or any dietary supplement, to ensure it’s appropriate for your needs and dosed accordingly. Your qualified practitioner should be able to determine whether the product is safe and appropriate for a child to take, and should also be able to advise as to whether adjustments need to be made in the dosage.*