1. Who is Optimal Multivitamin intended for?
Optimal Multivitamin is intended for adult individuals who wish to promote health by supporting adequate daily intake of nutrients. A large percentage of the U.S. population fails to meet daily requirements or adequate intakes for micronutrients. Many adults fall short in(1):
- Potassium by 100%
- Vitamin D by 94%
- Choline by 91%
- Vitamin E by 88%
- Vitamin K by 66%
- Magnesium by 52%
- Calcium by 44%
- Vitamin A by 43%
- Vitamin C by 38%
Taking a daily multivitamin can help to support good health by supplying micronutrients. For those in excellent health, employing the pulsing method may be beneficial.
Optimal Multivitamin is a great product for anyone looking for potent, comprehensive, and bioactive support for methylation, healthy aging, or general wellness.*
Always talk to your doctor before considering the use of this product, especially if you have health conditions or diseases that need to be addressed.
2. How do I take Optimal Multivitamin?
As a dietary supplement, adults take 8 capsules daily or as directed by a healthcare practitioner. For those new to this product, start with a small dose and work your way up to the recommended serving size, or consider the pulsing method for staggering doses.
This product is best taken with meals and may be taken in divided doses. Avoid taking within 5 hours of bedtime as it may interfere with sleep.
If you struggle to swallow capsules, they may be pulled apart and sprinkled on food or in juice.
3. What is the reasoning for each ingredient in Optimal Multivitamin?
|Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Biotin, Folate, Choline, Vitamin B12, Pantothenic Acid, Calcium, Iodine, Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, Copper, Manganese, Molybdenum, Potassium
||Daily nutrients needed to support good health(2)*
||Supports normal metabolism of macronutrients in the body.*
||Buffers glutathione and supports natural antioxidant function in the body.(3)*
||Supports natural digestive function.(4)*
||Supports normal insulin response.(5)*
||Functions as an antioxidant.(6)*
|Lemon bioflavonoids and Vanadium
||Support natural blood sugar function.(7)*
|Papain and Bromelain
||Supports natural digestion.(8)*
|Grape seed extract and Rutin
||Supports healthy blood flow.(9)*
|Alpha Lipoic Acid
||Supports energy metabolism.(10)*
||Supports bone health.(11)*
|Fruit and Vegetable Blend
||Supports natural daily intake of fruits and vegetables.*
||Supports brain health.(12)*
||Supports antioxidant activity and healthy vision.(13)*
Other ingredients found in this product include:
- Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (capsule): Holds the supplement together in capsule form.
- Cellulose: Binding agent.
- Microcrystalline cellulose: Anticaking agent.
- Hydroxypropyl cellulose: Binding agent.
- Ascorbyl palmitate: Protects shelf-life of product.
- Silica: Anti-clumping agent.
4. What are the ingredients in Optimal Multivitamin derived from?
The ingredients in Optimal Multivitamin are sourced as follows:
- The following nutrients are synthetic: Vitamin A (retinol palmitate), vitamin K2 (as menaquinone-7), calcium, biotin, magnesium, boron, potassium, manganese, copper, zinc, thiamine, pantothenic acid, riboflavin, molybdenum, selenium, niacin/niacinamide, vitamin B6, folate, inositol, choline, vanadium, betaine, alpha-lipoic acid and chromium.
- Vitamin A (as beta carotene) is sourced from Dunaliella salina with full spectrum carotenoids.
- Vitamin C is sourced from corn.
- Vitamin D3 is sourced from lanolin from sheep’s wool.
- Vitamin E (natural, as d-alpha tocopheryl, plus mixed tocopherols) is from soy.
- Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin) is derived from microbial fermentation.
- Iodine is derived from kelp.
- Lutein and zeaxanthin are derived from the flower marigold.
- Lycopene is derived from tomatoes.
- Bromelain is sourced from broccoli.
- Lemon bioflavonoids is sourced from lemon.
- Quercetin is from citrus fruit.
- Rutin is sourced from citrus fruit.
- The Proprietary Organic Fruit and Vegetable Blend is naturally derived as follows:
- Organic beet powder (root)
- Organic carrot powder (root)
- Organic black currant powder (fruit)
- Organic blueberry powder (fruit)
- Organic broccoli powder (whole plant)
- Organic concord grape powder (fruit)
- Organic green cabbage powder (whole plant)
- Organic collard greens (leaf)
- Organic mountain cranberry powder (fruit)
- Organic kale powder (whole plant)
- Organic parsley powder (whole plant)
- Organic pomegranate powder (fruit)
- Organic raspberry powder (fruit)
- Organic spinach powder (whole plant)
- Spirulina is from spirulina (blue-green algae).
- Chlorella (broken cell wall) is from chlorella (algae).
- Green Papaya Extract is from papaya fruit.
- Grape Seed Extract is from grape seeds.
- Green Tea Extract is from green tea leaf.
5. Does Optimal Multivitamin contain gluten, soy, or grains?
Optimal Multivitamin is tested and found free from gluten. The vitamin E in the product is derived from soy. The vitamin C is derived from corn. While the Optimal Multivitamin has not been tested for corn or soy allergens, it is formulated to be free from corn and soy proteins and other common allergens.
6. Is Optimal Multivitamin free from GMOs?
We expect our product to be free of genetically modified material. We are currently working on conducting complete product testing to verify that there is no genetically modified ingredients in the finished product.
7. Is Optimal Multivitamin vegetarian/vegan?
Optimal Multivitamin is vegetarian. The vitamin D3 is derived from lanolin from sheep’s wool, so this product is not vegan.
8. What are the possible interactions or side effects of using Optimal Multivitamin?
Side effects of this formula may include, but are not limited to:
- Flushed skin
- Mild rash
- Itchy skin
- Feeling warm
- Leg cramps
- Muscle pain
- Upset stomach
- Mild dizziness
These side-effects are more likely if the recommended dosage is exceeded.
If you believe that you are experiencing any adverse reactions, please see your healthcare professional immediately and discontinue use. Each individual may react differently to any product or supplement. We always recommend that you consult with your healthcare professional prior to considering the use of Optimal Multivitamin or any supplement.
9. Why doesn’t Optimal Multivitamin contain iron?
Many adults don’t require iron supplementation, so we chose to formulate this product without it, making it more accessible for adults in general. Iron also competes with calcium absorption, making it best when taken 2 hours apart, if needed. If you are looking for iron support, consider the Optimal Iron Chewable or Optimal Iron Plus Cofactors.