I've been using SH's prenatal vitamins for years but hubby needed a quality multi vitamin as well so I started him on these. He's not a fan of having to take 8 capsules but he always says he feels much better when he is consistently taking his supplements.
Optimal Multivitamin by Seeking Health is a complete daily multivitamin and mineral supplement containing more than 50 nutritional ingredients, all in a special base of green superfoods plus a fruits and vegetable blend. There are no gimmicks, no shortcuts, only researched nutrients that help provide the body with what it needs to support optimal function and overall health.*
Each ingredient in this optimized multivitamin formula is chosen with its absorption, competitive relationship with other nutrients, allergenic potential, and long-term safety taken into account. If the body is unable to absorb the nutrients in a multivitamin, they cannot be utilized for optimal health. Certain nutrients such as beta-carotene, vitamin C, vitamin E, and a well-rounded B vitamin complex are included in high-potency amounts because of the vital roles they play in supporting the body’s antioxidant defenses, energy production, maintenance of healthy blood cells, nervous system health, healthy endocrine function, and more. Minerals and trace elements are provided in the well-tolerated and bioavailable forms, and the whole formula is encapsulated in easy-to-digest vegetarian capsules that are easier to break down than compressed tablets.*
Optimal Multivitamin is iron-free, as most adults do not require iron supplementation. For a specialized multivitamin for children, consider Kids Optimal Multivitamin. For a chewable alternative, try our Optimal Multivitamin Chewable.*
Suitable for Vegetarians
Milk, Egg, Fish, Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Gluten, GMO
As a dietary supplement, adults take 8 vegetarian capsules daily or as directed by your healthcare professional. This product is best taken with meals. May also take in divided doses. Do not take within 5 hours of bedtime as it may interfere with sleep.
California Residents:Click here to learn more about CAL PROP 65 and Seeking Health products.
California Residents:Click here to learn more about CAL PROP 65 and Seeking Health products.
Serving Size: 8 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
|Vitamin A (as 67% natural beta-carotene and 33% Vitamin A palmitate||2,250 mcg||250%|
|Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)||500 mg||556%|
|Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol)||12.5 mcg (500 IU)||63%|
|Vitamin E (as natural d-alpha tocopheryl succinate plus mixed tocopherols)||67mg||447%|
|Thiamine (as thiamine HCl)||50 mg||4,167%|
|Riboflavin (as Riboflavin/Riboflavin-5-phosphate)||25 mg||1,923%|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl/Pyridoxal-5-phosphate)||50 mg||2,941%|
|Folate (as L-methylfolate, Metafolin®)||667 mcg DFE (400 mcg L-5-MTHF)||167%|
|Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin/adenosylcobalamin/hydroxocobalamin)||250 mcg||10,417%|
|Pantothenic Acid (d-Calcium Pantothenate)||50 mg||1,000%|
|Choline (from choline bitartrate)||137.5 mg||25%|
|Calcium (as calcium citrate/malate/chelate complex)||210 mg||16%|
|Iodine (from kelp)||100 mcg||67%|
|Magnesium (as magnesium citrate/chelate complex)||210 mg||50%|
|Zinc (as OptiZinc®, monomethionine)||12.5 mg||114%|
|Selenium (as selenomethionine)||100 mcg||182%|
|Copper (as copper amino acid chelate)||1 mg||111%|
|Manganese (as manganese sulfate)||4.5mg||196%|
|Chromium (as chromium polynicotinate)||100 mcg||286%|
|Molybdenum (as molybdenum krebs)||50 mcg||111%|
|Potassium (as potassium chloride)||50 mg||1%|
|Betaine HCl||75 mg||**|
|Quercetin (as dihydrate)||50 mg||**|
|Lemon bioflavonoids||50 mg||**|
|Papain (from carica papaya, fruit)||50 mg||**|
|Bromelain (from Anana comosus, pineapple stem)||25 mg||**|
|Grape seed extract (standardized to 95% polyphenols)||25 mg||**|
|Alpha Lipoic Acid||25 mg||**|
|Rutin (from Sophora japonica, flower)||12.5 mg||**|
|Boron (as boron glycinate)||1.5 mg||**|
|Vanadium (as Vanadium Krebs)||25 mcg||**|
|Vitamin K2 (as menaquinone-7)||22.5 mcg||**|
|Proprietary Organic Fruit and Vegetable Blend [Organic beet powder (root), organic carrot powder (root), organic black currant powder (fruit), organic blueberry powder (fruit), organic broccoli powder (whole plant), organic concord grape powder (fruit), organic collard greens powder (leaf), organic pomegranate powder (fruit), organic green cabbage powder (whole plant), organic cranberry powder (fruit), organic kale powder (whole plant), organic parsley powder (whole plant), organic raspberry powder (fruit), and organic spinach powder (whole plant)]||350 mg||**|
|Organic Phytonutrient Blend|
|Organic Spirulina (whole plant)||50 mg||**|
|Organic Chlorella (whole plant, broken cell wall)||50 mg||**|
|Organic Green Tea leaf extract (standardized to 50% polyphenols, 20% EGCG)||25 mg||**|
|Lutein (from marigold flower extract)||5 mg||**|
|Lycopene (from tomatoes)||3 mg||**|
|Zeaxanthin isomers (from marigold flower extract)||1 mg||**|
|**Daily Value (DV) not established.|
Other Ingredients: Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (capsule), cellulose, microcrystalline cellulose, hydroxypropyl cellulose, ascorbyl palmitate, and silica.
1. Who is Optimal Multivitamin intended for?
Optimal Multivitamin is intended for adult individuals who wish to promote health by supporting adequate daily intake of nutrients. A large percentage of the U.S. population fails to meet daily requirements or adequate intakes for micronutrients. Many adults fall short in(1):
- Potassium by 100%
- Vitamin D by 94%
- Choline by 91%
- Vitamin E by 88%
- Vitamin K by 66%
- Magnesium by 52%
- Calcium by 44%
- Vitamin A by 43%
- Vitamin C by 38%
Taking a daily multivitamin can help to support good health by supplying micronutrients. For those in excellent health, employing the pulsing method may be beneficial.
Optimal Multivitamin is a great product for anyone looking for potent, comprehensive, and bioactive support for methylation, healthy aging, or general wellness.*
Always talk to your doctor before considering the use of this product, especially if you have health conditions or diseases that need to be addressed.
2. How do I take Optimal Multivitamin?
As a dietary supplement, adults take 8 capsules daily or as directed by a healthcare practitioner. For those new to this product, start with a small dose and work your way up to the recommended serving size, or consider the pulsing method for staggering doses.
This product is best taken with meals and may be taken in divided doses. Avoid taking within 5 hours of bedtime as it may interfere with sleep.
If you struggle to swallow capsules, they may be pulled apart and sprinkled on food or in juice.
3. What is the reasoning for each ingredient in Optimal Multivitamin?
|Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Biotin, Folate, Choline, Vitamin B12, Pantothenic Acid, Calcium, Iodine, Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, Copper, Manganese, Molybdenum, Potassium||Daily nutrients needed to support good health(2)*|
|Chromium||Supports normal metabolism of macronutrients in the body.*|
|N-Acetyl-Cysteine||Buffers glutathione and supports natural antioxidant function in the body.(3)*|
|Betaine HCl||Supports natural digestive function.(4)*|
|Inositol||Supports normal insulin response.(5)*|
|Quercetin||Functions as an antioxidant.(6)*|
|Lemon bioflavonoids and Vanadium||Support natural blood sugar function.(7)*|
|Papain and Bromelain||Supports natural digestion.(8)*|
|Grape seed extract and Rutin||Supports healthy blood flow.(9)*|
|Alpha Lipoic Acid||Supports energy metabolism.(10)*|
|Boron||Supports bone health.(11)*|
|Fruit and Vegetable Blend||Supports natural daily intake of fruits and vegetables.*|
|Phytonutrient Blend||Supports brain health.(12)*|
|Carotenoids||Supports antioxidant activity and healthy vision.(13)*|
Other ingredients found in this product include:
- Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (capsule): Holds the supplement together in capsule form.
- Cellulose: Binding agent.
- Microcrystalline cellulose: Anticaking agent.
- Hydroxypropyl cellulose: Binding agent.
- Ascorbyl palmitate: Protects shelf-life of product.
- Silica: Anti-clumping agent.
4. What are the ingredients in Optimal Multivitamin derived from?
The ingredients in Optimal Multivitamin are sourced as follows:
- The following nutrients are synthetic: Vitamin A (retinol palmitate), vitamin K2 (as menaquinone-7), calcium, biotin, magnesium, boron, potassium, manganese, copper, zinc, thiamine, pantothenic acid, riboflavin, molybdenum, selenium, niacin/niacinamide, vitamin B6, folate, inositol, choline, vanadium, betaine, alpha-lipoic acid and chromium.
- Vitamin A (as beta carotene) is sourced from Dunaliella salina with full spectrum carotenoids.
- Vitamin C is sourced from corn.
- Vitamin D3 is sourced from lanolin from sheep’s wool.
- Vitamin E (natural, as d-alpha tocopheryl, plus mixed tocopherols) is from soy.
- Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin) is derived from microbial fermentation.
- Iodine is derived from kelp.
- Lutein and zeaxanthin are derived from the flower marigold.
- Lycopene is derived from tomatoes.
- Bromelain is sourced from broccoli.
- Lemon bioflavonoids is sourced from lemon.
- Quercetin is from citrus fruit.
- Rutin is sourced from citrus fruit.
- The Proprietary Organic Fruit and Vegetable Blend is naturally derived as follows:
- Organic beet powder (root)
- Organic carrot powder (root)
- Organic black currant powder (fruit)
- Organic blueberry powder (fruit)
- Organic broccoli powder (whole plant)
- Organic concord grape powder (fruit)
- Organic green cabbage powder (whole plant)
- Organic collard greens (leaf)
- Organic mountain cranberry powder (fruit)
- Organic kale powder (whole plant)
- Organic parsley powder (whole plant)
- Organic pomegranate powder (fruit)
- Organic raspberry powder (fruit)
- Organic spinach powder (whole plant)
- Spirulina is from spirulina (blue-green algae).
- Chlorella (broken cell wall) is from chlorella (algae).
- Green Papaya Extract is from papaya fruit.
- Grape Seed Extract is from grape seeds.
- Green Tea Extract is from green tea leaf.
5. Does Optimal Multivitamin contain gluten, soy, or grains?
Optimal Multivitamin is tested and found free from gluten. The vitamin E in the product is derived from soy. The vitamin C is derived from corn. While the Optimal Multivitamin has not been tested for corn or soy allergens, it is formulated to be free from corn and soy proteins and other common allergens.
6. Is Optimal Multivitamin free from GMOs?
We expect our product to be free of genetically modified material. We are currently working on conducting complete product testing to verify that there is no genetically modified ingredients in the finished product.
7. Is Optimal Multivitamin vegetarian/vegan?
Optimal Multivitamin is vegetarian. The vitamin D3 is derived from lanolin from sheep’s wool, so this product is not vegan.
8. What are the possible interactions or side effects of using Optimal Multivitamin?
Side effects of this formula may include, but are not limited to:
- Flushed skin
- Mild rash
- Itchy skin
- Feeling warm
- Leg cramps
- Muscle pain
- Upset stomach
- Mild dizziness
These side-effects are more likely if the recommended dosage is exceeded.
If you believe that you are experiencing any adverse reactions, please see your healthcare professional immediately and discontinue use. Each individual may react differently to any product or supplement. We always recommend that you consult with your healthcare professional prior to considering the use of Optimal Multivitamin or any supplement.
9. Why doesn’t Optimal Multivitamin contain iron?
Many adults don’t require iron supplementation, so we chose to formulate this product without it, making it more accessible for adults in general. Iron also competes with calcium absorption, making it best when taken 2 hours apart, if needed. If you are looking for iron support, consider the Optimal Iron Chewable or Optimal Iron Plus Cofactors.
|Learning Center||Find product FAQ and more! Click here.|
|Cost Per Serving||$1.83|
|Delivery Method||Vegetarian Capsule|
|Storage||Keep closed in a cool, dry place out of reach by children.|
|Dimensions (in.)||Length: 3 / Width: 3 / Height: 5.75|
|Return Policy||Learn more about our Return Policy.|
Great vitamin!! I’ve tried them all!
Since finding out about MTHFR, I have looked for a balanced vitamin that meets my nutrition needs, and this is it! Right now, I’m taking 4 a day and have not had any problems.
The only down side is 8 pills a day- but, hey, it’s totally worth it for all of the nutrients packed in them! I have not had any bad side effects or stomach issues taking the pills. I will purchase again!