Genetic Reports are Powerful When Done Right
Genetic reports featuring fast, easy solutions are the norm. However, they can be ineffective and potentially dangerous. Your body is beautifully complex and so should be your genetic report.
At first glance, you’ll quickly see how comprehensive your StrateGene® Report is. You are holding an actual map of yourself. Your customized report will show you which of your genes work slowly, which work faster, and how each of your genes are impacted from every day influences such as stress, infections, inflammation, and nutrient deficiency.
Propel yourself towards understanding YOU for the first time ever. You’ll appreciate that we provide you a complete set of tools – your StrateGene® Report, a complete Dirty Genes Course, the Dirty Genes book, and educational videos in our Education Portal.
Genes work together as a team.
Genes don't work in isolation, they work together as a team. This is why StrateGene® presents your genetic findings in Pathways, which are visual interpretations of the biochemical processes within your own body. You’ll get an instant glimpse into how entire Pathways are impacted by your unique set of genetics. It’s not bad. It’s not good. It’s you. You’re different and now you’ll know why – fast.
With StrateGene®, you have access to the StrateGene® Core Report which provides in-depth insights into your unique biochemistry, in an easy-to-interpret visual format. The report features 75 Genes and 147 SNPs (single nucleotide polymorphisms) across your:
- Folate Pathway
- Methionine Pathway
- Methylation Cycle (combined Folate and Methionine Pathways)
- Serotonin and Melatonin Pathway
- Dopamine, Norepinephrine and Epinephrine Pathway
- Biopterin Pathway
- Histamine Pathway
EACH PATHWAY FEATURES:
Researched Genetic Variants
Discover your most important genetic variants, hand-picked by a research team based on select criteria
Visualize gene-gene-gene interactions so you can quickly see the big picture
Vitamins and Minerals
Nutrients associated with each gene are clearly defined
Find out what is speeding your genes up, and what’s slowing them down
References to back up claims and share with your doctor or patients
Used by health professionals across the globe
Private, members-only group for support
Included for browsing and download
We Prepare You to Succeed
- StrateGene® DNA Collection Kit – Physical
Choose between Saliva Collection (those who are able to spit) or Swab Collection (those who cannot spit, including babies and children)
- StrateGene® Core Report – Digital
6 Biochemical Pathways, 75 Genes, 147 Functional SNPs, Recommendations for Lifestyle, Food, Environment, and Supplements
- StrateGene® Raw Data – Digital
Browse, Share, or Download your raw data
- Dirty Genes by Dr. Ben Lynch – Physical
As a National Bestseller, this book walks you through the Super Seven genes with quizzes, lab results, and recommendations. Learn real time how your genes are functioning and acquire the information and tools needed to help clean them up.
- Dirty Genes Course – Digital
- Nearly five hours of insider tips from the creator of StrateGene®, Dr. Ben Lynch
- 10 videos
- Well-organized, sequential lessons
- Actionable information
- Easy to understand
- Dirty Genes Summit (2 Interviews) – Digital
- Dirty Genes (what to do if your genes are dirty) by Dr. Ben Lynch
- How Genetic Testing Should be Interpreted by Dr. Shelese Pratt
- The ABC’s of Clean Genes – Digital
A simple guide to cleaning your genes with recommendations and examples
How it Works
Purchase your DNA test kit from SeekingHealth.com. Your kit ships free to your door in 2-6 business days with free standard shipping within the United States.
Create a free account and register your kit at secure.strategene.me/activate so you can log in to view the status of your test and see your results. Record your Tube ID.
Spit into the saliva collection tube up to the fill line or swab your cheek and follow the in-box instructions to mix in the stabilizing liquid, cap the tube, and shake.
Your kit will arrive with a prepaid return shipping label attached and ready to ship. Just drop your sealed kit into any USPS mailbox or post office.
Explore your Education Portal including the Quickstart Guide and How to Understand Your StrateGene Report, educational videos and resources to learn about your results and gain a better understanding of the Pathways affected by your genes.
Ask questions and learn even more from a community of peers and health professionals by joining our private StrateGene® Facebook group.
StrateGene® restores credibility to genetic reports
Check out this sample report by clicking here.
After 23andMe launched, a myriad of genetic reports hit the market. At first, the medical community was excited about them but then, over time, it became apparent how ineffective they were. Report after report was riddled with errors, unscientific, and not looking at the whole picture.
Instead of helping, these genetic reports were hurting people, putting fear in their heads, and confusing health professionals. In 2015, Dr. Ben Lynch developed the StrateGene® report out of necessity. He knew that genetic testing was a useful tool. It just needed someone to integrate research of not only genetic variations but also how each gene is influenced by lifestyle, diet, and the environment.
StrateGene® is now regarded as the go-to genetic report due to its scientific integrity and big picture presentation.
Wanting to improve StrateGene®, Dr. Lynch and his research team continued to scour the literature for genetic variations which were common, well-researched, and made a significant impact in how genes function. After several years of research, he and his team identified hundreds of genetic variants that are significant to human health, and that no other testing company was reporting. This led to Dr. Lynch to develop his own genetic test. Now, for the first time, hundreds of previously unreported genetic variations which are critical for your health are identified by the all-new StrateGene® Genetic Test.
**Presented by Seeking Health on behalf of Dirty Genes LLC**
StrateGene® is non-refundable.
2. What security measures do you have in place to protect my information?
The StrateGene® platform has been built by professional firms who are experts in security. To further ensure your data is secure, a professional security assessment was performed along with penetration testing. Both have been performed on the StrateGene® application and hosting environment. Penetration testing is defined as ‘the practice of testing a computer system, network or web application to find security vulnerabilities that an attacker could exploit.’
StrateGene® is built on an enterprise platform that utilizes the following industry-standard security measures to protect your data:
- Data in Transit: SSL certificates ensure the data in transit is secure. Access to the StrateGene® Database is only available via the Secured StrateGene® application. All backend Application Programming Interfaces are HTTPS based, where the SSL certs encrypt the traffic between the web layer and app layer.
- Data at Rest: The StrateGene® database itself is encrypted as well as any database snapshots. Data that is encrypted at rest includes the underlying storage for database instances, its automated backups, Read Replicas, and snapshots. After the data is encrypted, the StrateGene® application authenticates access and decryption of the data happens transparently.
- Administrative Access: The StrateGene® application and supporting systems have users with Administrative Access. Access is granted on a need to know basis only.
- Secure Database Access: Access to the StrateGene® database is enabled only for the application tier. The Database credentials are used only by the application layer.
- Application Authentication and Authorization: The user management system is using an industry standard authentication and authorization system which utilizes generated access tokens – which are highly secure. These tokens also handle session expirations and session validations.
- Application Access to Database: Each user is granted a unique identifier and unique application Universally Unique Identifier (UUID), which is a Database generated hexadecimal string. Data access is determined by the user account connected to the UUID. All Database tables are logically partitioned by the UUIDs, which ensures users can access only the data that belongs to them. Account Usernames are not used as unique identifiers to access data.
- User Raw Data and Report Security: When a user is created in the StrateGene® system, the application creates a private data storage corresponding to that user and protected by a unique identifier. The private data storage is accessible only by the user.
- Logging and Monitoring: There is extensive application logging inside the StrateGene® application code and each user operation is audited.
- Third Party Access: The StrateGene® application allows for 3rd party access to specified data locations for the purpose of exchanging data using Application Programming Interfaces (API’s). The StrateGene® security system uses OAuth2 authentication in these instances. Specific security roles have been assigned to these third parties and the API’s are protected using these roles.
3. What are the major differences between the old StrateGene® analysis report and the new StrateGene® analysis report?
The new StrateGene® (test and report) contains updated pathways and explanations of results that are more in-depth and easier to understand. Below are similarities and differences between the previous version of the StrateGene® report and the newest version:
- Pathway-based approach
- Includes Folate, Methionine, Transsulfuration, Biopterin, Histamine pathways
- Research-based genetic variants
- Compounds and lifestyle activities specified to support each gene
- Compounds and lifestyle activities that speed up or slow down each gene
- Report data is based on Seeking Health’s custom built genetic test. No longer use 23andme or Ancestry raw data.
- Pathways are updated with the latest research, additional genes, additional variants and simplified terminology
- Folate and Methionine Pathways are combined into a new pathway named The Methylation Pathway. This is important as it demonstrates how these pathways work together.
- Biopterin pathway is expanded to include the formation and recycling of biopterin
- Dopamine, Norepinephrine and Epinephrine pathways are all greatly expanded and now exist as their own separate pathway versus being all in the Biopterin pathway
- Serotonin and Melatonin pathways are greatly expanded and now exist as their own separate pathway versus being all in the Biopterin pathway
- Information on what dirties specific pathways and genes
- Recommendations on how to support specific dirty genes using lifestyle, environment, food and supplements
- Using meters on pathways to denote if a gene is slower or faster instead of stating the presence of a variant with colors (red, yellow or green).
- Haplotypes – researched collections of SNPs, which when in combination with each other, contribute to a specific effect such as increased susceptibility to anxiety or increased susceptibility to histamine intolerance. For example, we have a 4 SNP COMT haplotype which is way more effective than reporting just single COMT SNPs.
- Raw data that you can browse or download on StrateGene.me
- Ability to share your report or raw data to your physician/loved ones within a secure platform
4. Who is StrateGene NOT for?
StrateGene® respects the complexity of the human body. While this makes things more difficult initially, it is the right long term approach as oversimplification leads to bad health outcomes. It is not possible to recommend specific supplements or dosages based on genetic findings. Reports that are currently doing this are a disservice to you and are doing it because the market demands it. It’s the wrong thing to do.
Here are examples of individuals who are not good candidates to use StrateGene®:
- “I was really looking for how to best supplement my body given my genetic makeup.”
- “I wish it would make suggestions for which specific supplement (brand, product name) to use and to avoid.”
- “Clear concise nutritional advice, dosage, etc.”
- “I’d love you to point out like if this is red it means this and you need to take these supplements to straighten it out. I really just need to know what supplements to take to feel better, especially if my clean diet on its own isn’t helping.”
5. Who is StrateGene® ideal for?
StrateGene® is perfect for individuals who are excited for a comprehensive holistic approach integrating genetics and epigenetics. They love to learn, think things through and progressively improve how they’re feeling.
Examples of individuals who are excellent candidates to use StrateGene®:
- “I wanted to understand the picture of MY genetic disposition because of the myriad of health issues I have. I was tired of getting band aid fixes from doctors, and I want to always improve the position I’m in to advocate for and manage my health. I do that by being a continual student. StrateGene® takes an extremely complex subject and puts some direction and focus on it that’s PERSONAL to me. That’s huge.”
- “I am a problem solver. Other tools were not helpful in any way.”
- “Gain insight into inherited susceptibilities and discover where you need support.”
- “Make connections between your need for certain diet and lifestyle interventions along with supporting nutrients to feel well.”
6. After I collect my saliva sample, how long do I have before I need to ship the sample to the lab?
We ask that you ship your saliva sample to the lab within 30 days of collection.
Please contact customer service if your sample is older than 30 days: Support@StrateGene.me