1. Who is Optimal Prenatal Capsules intended for?
Optimal Prenatal Capsules are a comprehensive prenatal multivitamin intended for women of reproductive age who wish to promote health by supporting adequate daily intake of nutrients. This product is beneficial for supporting preconception health, prenatal health, and postpartum health.*
Pregnant women have higher nutritional demands due to the rapid growth and development of the fetus. Taking a daily prenatal vitamin can help to support good health by supplying micronutrients.
Always talk to your doctor before considering the use of this product, especially if you have health conditions or diseases that need to be addressed or are pregnant or breastfeeding.
2. How do I take Optimal Prenatal Capsules?
As a dietary supplement, adults take 8 capsules daily or as directed by a healthcare practitioner. For those new to this product, start with a small dose and work your way up to the recommended serving size.
This product is best taken with meals and may be taken in divided doses. Avoid taking within 5 hours of bedtime as it may interfere with sleep.
If you struggle to swallow capsules, they may be pulled apart and sprinkled on food or in juice.
3. What is the reasoning for each ingredient in Optimal Prenatal Capsules?
|Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Vitamin K2, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Biotin, Choline, Vitamin B12, Pantothenic Acid, Calcium, Iodine, Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, Copper, Manganese, Molybdenum, Potassium
||Daily nutrients needed to support good health(1)
||Supports healthy fetal development and is needed for methylation processes.*
||Supports healthy fetal development, red blood cells, and is needed for methylation processes.*
||Necessary for fetal eye, brain, and immune system development.*
||Necessary for brain development and cell membrane health.*
||Supports normal metabolism of macronutrients in the body.*
||Supports uterine health.*
||Supports natural digestive function.(2)
||Supports normal insulin response and healthy neurotransmitters.(3)
||Provides antioxidant support.(4)
||Supports digestive health.(5)
||Supports cellular energy.(6)
|Milk thistle extract
||Supports liver health.(7)
||Supports magnesium absorption.*
||Provides antioxidant support.*
||Provides antioxidant support and supports healthy fetal development.(8)*
||Supports healthy fetal development.(9)*
Other ingredients found in this product include:
- Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) (capsule): Holds the supplement together in capsule form.
- Ascorbyl palmitate: Protects shelf-life of product.
- Ascorbyl palmitate: Protects shelf-life of product.
- Medium-chain triglyceride oil: Natural preservative.
- Silica: Anti-clumping agent.
- Citric Acid: Preserves and protects shelf-life of product.
4. What are the ingredients in Optimal Prenatal Capsules derived from?
The ingredients in Optimal Prenatal Capsules are sourced as follows:
- Vitamin A (as beta carotene) is from the plant fungus Blakeslea trispora.
- Vitamin C is from corn.
- Vitamin D is from sheep’s wool.
- Vitamin E is from soy.
- Vitamin K is from natto (fermented soy).
- Coenzyme Q10 is from fermentation.
- Vitamin A (as retinyl palmitate), thiamin, biotin, pantothenic acid, iodine, calcium, magnesium, zinc, selenium, copper, manganese, chromium, molybdenum, potassium, choline, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, folate, folinic acid, inositol, betaine HCl, L-carnosine, vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin), and taurine are synthetic.
- Vitamin B12 (as adenosylcobalamin) is derived via fermentation.
- Red raspberry is from raspberry leaf Rubus idaeus.
- Ginger extract is from ginger root Zingiber officinale.
- Milk thistle extract is from the seeds of milk thistle, Silybum marianum.
- Lutein and zeaxanthin are from marigold extract, Tagetes erecta.
5. Does Optimal Prenatal Capsules contain gluten, soy, or grains?
Optimal Prenatal Capsules are tested and found free from gluten. Vitamin E and vitamin K are derived from soy but are tested and found to be free from allergens. The vitamin C is from corn. This product also contains ascorbyl palmitate which is derived in part from highly purified corn oil. Due to the processes used to manufacture the finished ingredient, the ascorbyl palmitate is considered non-allergenic. While Optimal Prenatal Capsules have not been tested for corn allergens, it is formulated to be free from corn proteins and common allergens.
6. Is Optimal Prenatal Capsules free from GMOs?
Testing verifies that Optimal Prenatal Capsules are free from GMO markers.
7. Is Optimal Prenatal Capsules vegetarian/vegan?
Optimal Prenatal Capsules are vegetarian. The vitamin D3 is derived from lanolin from sheep’s wool, so this product is not vegan.
8. What are the possible interactions or side effects of using Optimal Prenatal Capsules?
Side effects of this formula may include, but are not limited to:
- Flushed skin
- Mild rash
- Itchy skin
- Feeling warm
- Leg cramps
- Metallic taste in mouth
- Muscle pain
- Upset stomach
- Mild dizziness
These side-effects are more likely if the recommended dosage is exceeded.
If you have bipolar disorder, diabetes, bleeding problems, kidney or liver problems, or if you smoke tobacco, consult your healthcare professional before considering the use of Optimal Prenatal Capsules. If you take any medications or are undergoing treatment for any medical condition, consult with your doctor before starting Optimal Prenatal Capsules.
Pregnant and lactating women should consult their healthcare practitioner prior to use. Avoid if allergic to any ingredient. Do not exceed 3,000 mcg RAE of preformed vitamin A daily. Evaluate total vitamin K intake from food and supplements if you are taking blood-thinning medications.
When taking higher doses of nutrients like B12 or folate, monitor blood levels and use under the supervision of a qualified physician.
If you believe that you are experiencing any adverse reactions, please see your healthcare professional immediately and discontinue use. Each individual may react differently to any product or supplement. We always recommend that you consult with your healthcare professional prior to considering the use of Optimal Prenatal Capsules or any supplement, especially when pregnant or breastfeeding.
9. How do I know which Optimal Prenatal product is right for me?
Consult this helpful chart for a side-by-side comparison of our prenatal formulations, to aid you in selecting the best one that is suitable for your needs.*