Pour ½ to one full sachet into a tall glass, shaker bottle, or blender, and mix in your desired beverage (water, nut milk or goat milk). If desired, add organic berries or other foods. Shake or blend for a short period of time to limit froth. Enjoy. Best to use with breakfast or use as directed by your healthcare professional. If you use ½ sachet with breakfast, consider using the other ½ sachet with lunch.
Do not use if inner tamper seal is damaged. Consult a healthcare professional prior to use if you are taking any medications or if you are undergoing treatment for any medical condition.
Dr. Lynch’s Tips
While you may not want to eat in the morning for various reasons, it’s especially important to do so when you are trying to get pregnant, are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Starting your day off with sufficient protein, healthy fats, quality carbohydrates and comprehensive nutrients will help you significantly throughout your entire day.
Oftentimes, the periodic nausea and vomiting of pregnancy is worsened by lack of protein and lack of nutrients. By making a smoothie with Optimal Prenatal with Collagen, you will support healthy energy.†
While it is easiest to mix 1 sachet in a glass of filtered water, I highly recommend you make a smoothie instead. Here are some reasons why:
- Additional protein is useful. Add 1 glass of goat milk or a nut milk of your choice. If you use cow milk, look for A2 organic milk.
- Mixing the sachet in water doesn’t taste nearly as good. Someone had a great point and said it tasted like the milk you have leftover from eating cold cereal.
- Adding ½ to 1 cup of frozen organic berries like blackberries, raspberries or blueberries, adds a nice cold temperature to your smoothie in addition to a great taste and antioxidants.
This is a nutrient-dense prenatal. I recommend drinking your morning prenatal smoothie in this way:
- Blend 1 full sachet in 1 cup of your desired milk
- Add ½ to 1 cup of frozen organic berries
- Blend for 15 seconds
- Add to an insulated stainless steel water bottle or glass. We have beautiful Seeking Health water bottles that you can use.
- Sip it over time. Don’t chug it. You’ll digest it better and feel better if you drink it over time.
- Give yourself about 30 minutes to finish your smoothie.
A great nutritious breakfast for your kids, too!
Depending on the age of your kids, you can make a smoothie and give them some:
- Age 4 to 7: Use ¼ sachet
- Age 8 to 12: use ⅓ sachet
- Age 12 to 15: use ½ sachet
- Age 15 and up: use ¾ sachet
I would not give a full sachet to any age kid as pregnancy, breastfeeding or trying to conceive requires more nutrients than otherwise.
Dehydration is a common issue - for everyone - regardless if pregnant or breastfeeding. Once you’re done with your smoothie, prepare a serving of Optimal Electrolyte with filtered water in your water bottle.
Sip that throughout the day. You may find yourself needing another serving later in the day.
Iron is not included in the prenatal vitamin for these reasons:
- Every woman is different. Some need a lot of iron and some cannot have any.
- Iron can be pro-inflammatory. High risk pregnancies should be careful about taking too much iron.
- Iron can be obtained, and should be, from eating red meat or organic liver.
- Iron interferes with calcium absorption. Just because a nutrient is listed on the label does not mean you’ll absorb it. Research shows this interference is a real issue.
- If you’re taking iron supplements, take them with lunch or dinner.
- We offer Iron Chewable at 10 mg per small, great tasting tablet. Take the amount that you need.
Fish oil is not included in the prenatal vitamin for these reasons:
- You need more than what’s commonly found in a prenatal vitamin.
- EPA and DHA are recommended, not just DHA
- Powdered fish oil supplements really smell and taste badly. We want you to enjoy your smoothie.
- It’s easy to take 1 capsule of Optimal Fish Oil after your dinner.
Experiencing periodic morning sickness or intermittent nausea and vomiting of pregnancy:
- If you’re using the Optimal Prenatal with Collagen and you are still experiencing these symptoms, then consider adding Histamine Digest and ProBiota HistaminX.†
- High histamine levels are associated with the intermittent nausea and vomiting of pregnancy.
- Support healthy histamine levels by taking 1 capsule of Histamine Digest any time you need support and 1 capsule of ProBiota HistaminX after dinner.†