1. Who is this product intended for?
Optimal Prenatal Chewables are a comprehensive prenatal multivitamin intended for women of reproductive age who wish to promote health by supporting adequate daily intake of nutrients. This product is beneficial for supporting preconception health, prenatal health, and postpartum health.*
Pregnant women have higher nutritional demands due to the rapid growth and development of the fetus. Taking a daily prenatal vitamin can help to support good health by supplying micronutrients.
Always talk to your doctor before considering the use of this product, especially if you have health conditions or diseases that need to be addressed or are pregnant or breastfeeding.
2. How do I take this product?
As a dietary supplement, adults chew 2 tablets daily after breakfast or lunch, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Follow with a glass of water.
Avoid taking within 5 hours of bedtime as it may interfere with sleep.
3. What is the reasoning for each ingredient in this product?
|Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Vitamin K2, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Biotin, Folate, Vitamin B12, Pantothenic Acid, Calcium, Iodine, Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, Copper, Manganese, Molybdenum
||Daily nutrients needed to support good health(1)*
||Supports normal metabolism of macronutrients in the body.*
||Supports natural digestive function.(2)*
||Supports cellular energy.(3)*
|Milk thistle extract
||Supports liver health.(4)*
||Improves use of calcium and magnesium.(5)*
||Supports healthy glucose metabolism.(6)*
||Provides antioxidant support and supports healthy fetal development.(7)*
||Supports healthy fetal development.(8)*
Other ingredients found in Optimal Prenatal Capsules include:
- Xylitol: Sweetener.
- Microcrystalline cellulose: Anticaking agent.
- Stearic acid: Lubricant.
- Natural flavors: Flavor enhancer.
- Malic acid: Supports mineral absorption.
- Silica: Anti-clumping agent.
- Monk fruit extract: Sweetener.
- Magnesium stearate: Lubricant.
- Licorice root powder: Supports healthy digestion.
4. What are the ingredients derived from?
The ingredients in Optimal Prenatal Chewables are sourced as follows:
- Vitamin A (as beta carotene) is from the plant fungus Blakeslea trispora.
- Vitamin C is from corn.
- Vitamin D is from sheep’s wool.
- Vitamin E is from soy.
- Vitamin K is from natto (fermented soy).
- Vitamin A (as retinyl palmitate), thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, folate, vitamin B12, biotin, pantothenic acid, calcium, iodine, magnesium, zinc, selenium, copper, manganese, chromium, betaine anhydrous, boron, vanadium, and molybdenum are synthetic.
- Milk thistle extract is from the seeds of milk thistle, Silybum marianum.
- Coenzyme Q10 is from fermentation.
- Lutein and zeaxanthin are from marigold extract, Tagetes erecta.
5. Does this product contain gluten, soy, or grains?
Optimal Prenatal Chewables do not contain any gluten or gluten-containing ingredients. However, the final product has not yet been tested for gluten content, so it cannot be labeled “gluten-free.” We are working on conducting allergen testing on all products in the Seeking Health line. The vitamin E is derived from soy. If you are allergic or sensitive to soy, consult your allergist and/or healthcare practitioner prior to use. This product does not contain any corn or grain, but the vitamin C is derived from corn. Though our products have not been tested specifically for corn allergens, they are formulated to be free from corn proteins and common allergens.
6. Is this product free from GMOs?
Optimal Prenatal Chewable does not contain GMO markers, but testing has not been done to verify whether the ingredients are derived from GMO sources. We are currently working on conducting complete product testing to verify that the finished product is GMO-free.
7. Is this product vegetarian/vegan?
Optimal Prenatal Capsules are vegetarian. The vitamin D3 is derived from lanolin from sheep’s wool, so this product is not vegan.
8. What are the possible interactions or side effects of using this product?
Side effects of this formula may include, but are not limited to:
- Flushed skin
- Mild rash
- Itchy skin
- Feeling warm
- Leg cramps
- Metallic taste in mouth
- Muscle pain
- Upset stomach
- Mild dizziness
These side-effects are more likely if the recommended dosage is exceeded.
If you have bipolar disorder, diabetes, bleeding problems, kidney or liver problems, or if you smoke tobacco, consult your healthcare professional before considering the use of Optimal Prenatal Capsules. If you take any medications or are undergoing treatment for any medical condition, consult with your doctor before starting Optimal Prenatal Capsules.
Pregnant and lactating women should consult their healthcare practitioner prior to use. Avoid if allergic to any ingredient. Do not exceed 3,000 mcg RAE daily of preformed vitamin A. Evaluate total vitamin K intake from food and supplements if you are taking blood-thinning medications.
When taking higher doses of nutrients like B12 or folate, monitor blood levels and use under the supervision of a qualified physician.
If you believe that you are experiencing any adverse reactions, please see your healthcare professional immediately and discontinue use. Each individual may react differently to any product or supplement. We always recommend that you consult with your healthcare professional prior to considering the use of Optimal Prenatal Chewable or any supplement, especially when pregnant or breastfeeding.
How do I know which Seeking Health Prenatal is right for me?
Consult this helpful chart for a side-by-side comparison of our prenatal formulations, to aid you in selecting the best one that is suitable for your needs.*